March 03, 2009

Where have all the t.v.s gone?

Never a fan of displaying the television or any sort of electronics or their wires, I am on the search for what to do with my t.v. I immediately looked through my home inspiration binder, but no living rooms with televisions, then I went to my computer home photo files, hardly any televisions there either. Where is everyone hiding their t.v.s?? It's especially difficult because we have vaulted ceilings and I feel like a low console would just lead me staring at the blank wall above it. Here is what I have found so far, but I am still unsure.


A. Maybe my husband is secretly a carpenter and could make me some built-ins to put it in. How much do built-ins cost anyhow?

B. Classic black armoire. There happens to be one on sale at our local Rooms to Go for $499.00.

C. Modern white armoire from Ikea for $499.00.
D. Rooms to Go also had this console which the t.v. hides inside of it, then with the remote you can have it pop up. It is low, but since the t.v is hidden I can hang large art above it adding to the height. I don't like however how far it comes out. The one at Rooms to Go only had the middle section and it was in black at $999.00. This one is from here.
E. This is my favorite idea. Unfortunately, I have no idea where this or one like this is from. Does anyone know? But I like how it doesn't come out too far, but it is tall and wide, modern but not too modern.

1 comment:

tiff said...

i ADORE the pic of the first room. amAzing! that chair at the table is like a throne, and that would be MY seat if that was my house.