February 27, 2009
Here they are now:
February 26, 2009
1 20″ x 30″ piece (3/16″-thick) foam core
1 6″ x 7″ piece (1/2″-thick) foam core
60″ length (30″-wide) wrapping paper
1 6″ x 7″ piece of contrasting paper
Picture-frame hanging wire
Make the pieces
1. Using the deer templates:
From the 3/16″ thick foam core, cut:
2 deer heads
1 deer body
1 deer nose
1 deer antler
From the 1/2″ thick foam core, cut:
1 mounting board
Cover the pieces
2. Using spray adhesive, spray one side of the nose piece and adhere it to the Wrong side of the wrapping paper. Use the craft knife and the cutting board and cut out the nose piece. Repeat for the other side of the nose.
3. Repeat to cover both sides of the two deer heads, the deer body, and the deer antler pieces.
4. Using spray adhesive, adhere the contrasting paper to one side of the mounting board. Cut it out using the craft knife and cutting board.
Hang the deer head
5. On each deer head piece, cut a hole 1″ below the top edge and 3/8″ inside the back edge with the awl.
6. Assemble the deer head as shown in the photograph.7. Thread wire through both holes several times and end by wrapping the wire around itself for a hanger
February 25, 2009
Is there anything more beautiful than a well organized closet, garage, drawer? Well maybe a few things, but organization inspiration is just what I need today as I attempt to make my home clutter free!
February 24, 2009
February 23, 2009
Etsy really is the best place to find beautiful and affordable art. I'm thinking this piece by Betsy Watson may need to be my next purchase. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21086258