July 05, 2009

My Little Firecracker!


My baby boy just celebrated his first Fourth of July! I can't believe he is already 3 months old. From the moment he was born it was the perfect love and has been the most joyous three months of my life. Everyday I think how could it get any better and yearn for him to stay the way he is, but then he discovers and grows and my heart just stretches. From the day Oliver was born he had his eyes wide open, so bright and full of joy, we can tell he is smart and are never surprised when people tell us how alert he is. He's an early bird, always up by six. But I don't mind, the mornings are ours. He wakes with such excitement for the new day, cooing and smiling. He loves to talk, making so many different sounds. During bath time my sweet boy kicks and splashes then looks up at me with such pride almost to say "hey mom look what I can do" then I will praise him and he will return my praise with a shy smile and an encore. He is a very brave boy. When he is unsure or scared he will look up at us about to cry and when we ensure him that everything is o.k. he tucks his lip back in and trusts us. Ollie loves to stand and walk around with our help. He is just beginning to roll from his back to his belly, but is always hesitant because he hates being on his belly. He is a very big boy weighing 16 pounds and being in the 97th percentile for his height. He loves the world and I love him.

1 comment:

tiff said...

so precious. :) i'm so happy for you and matt and oliver.