July 25, 2009


The first thing I did was buy these fabulous books Cookies and Cupcakes from Barnes and Noble for the killer deal of $8.00 each! Let me just start buy saying it was neither the recipes or the deal that persuaded me to buy them but the beautiful photography. Mixing interiors and inspiration boards with delicious foods is in my mind brilliant!





(images: Holly Becker)

I never intended on actually baking anything from my beloved books, but my sisters pleaded. Anyone who knows me knows, I am a disaster in the kitchen. That is until I baked cupcakes from my best buy ever cupcake book! Let me just say these were the best cupcakes I have ever had in my entire life, and I have had some cupcakes! Now it did take me three trips to the grocery store, one in which I stared at the chocolate selection for a good five minutes trying to find bittersweet chocolate chips, but oh the results!

Rich Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Go buy these books, you will thank me later (hopefully with cupcakes!)

4 comments:

tiff said...

OH MY GOSH before you said you bought them for their looks, i was totally thinking "the covers of those books are absolutely amazing. i would buy them just to display in my kitchen!" LOL wonder if i could find them in my b&n. i've always loved baking.

Lindsay said...

mmmm yum. when i come visit we will survive on cupcakes

Katie Darling said...

the author is Christabel Martin and I found them in the bargain section. :)

Lyryn said...

They look so awesome! Found your blog and love it! Very cute!